Date:      Thu, 29 Jun 2000 10:23:17 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kenneth Wayne Culver <culverk@wam.umd.edu>
To:        yavuz <yavuz@ihlas.net.tr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: where can i get freebsd4.0 stable

> I want to download freebsd4.0 stable version on mswindows . I pop in
> your ftp sites (or mirror sites) as anonymous by ftp programme called
> cuteftp on microsoft windows. But I couldn't complete operation
> download.it gives permanently error.

> I reache to internet on network card 10BaseT.
>
> How can I get the easiest freebsd40stable.

go here:

ftp://ftp3.freebsd.org/u/FreeBSD/releases/i386/4.0-RELEASE/floppies/

and download the files:

kern.flp
mfsroot.flp

and then go here:

ftp://ftp3.freebsd.org/u/FreeBSD/tools/

and get the fdimage utility.

Then get two blank 1.44M floppies and put one in the drive and type:

fdimage -v kern.flp a:

when that's done take that floppy out and put in the other, and type:

fdimage -v mfsroot.flp a:

once you've done that go to www.freebsd.org and look for the link that
tells you how to install, you will have to repartition your hard drive (if
you want to install to the same disk that has windows on it) and then
follow the instructions on the site.

| Kenneth Culver              | FreeBSD: The best NT upgrade    |
| Unix Systems Administrator  | ICQ #: 24767726                 |
| and student at The          | AIM: muythaibxr                 |
| The University of Maryland, | Website: (Under Construction)   |
| College Park.	              | http://www.wam.umd.edu/~culverk/|