Date:      Tue, 25 May 1999 20:42:38 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Geff Hanoian <boing@boing.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [Q] How stable is FreeBSD 3.X ?

On 26 May, jonathan michaels wrote:
> On Tue, May 25, 1999 at 02:57:09PM -0700, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
>> > You have said clearly what I tried to say...
>>
>> I still don't see a productive exchange taking place, and I blame you
>> and you specifically for making it non-productive by starting it with
>> lots of hair-pulling and "gosh, can it be that the great FreeBSD is
>> really a nasty piece of crap?" style statements.
>
> thats not the way it read to me .. but then i'm not an american
> english fan, nor is english my forst language.
>
> pity you bigots couldn't see that and have hounded yet another
> possibly excellent contributor out of teh freebsd community
> because of your arrogant, childish stupidity.

I must say, that is the best post I've seen yet.  I totally agree.  We
need to be constructive.  To flame someone for flaming to the list is
pointless.  If someone posts such a post, why couldn't, especially
someone on the development team, just say, "Hey, we are concerned with
fixing problems.  Can you please post some details and we can help you
out?"  Instead of starting off with why the person's post is wrong, and
what they screwed up.  The person had a problem, it might, just
possibly be a coding problem.  So maybe we as a community should listen
to users.  Yes I'd prefer the user originally phrase it properly too,
but it's not a perfect world.  Either part of converting everyone to
RedHunk Linux, or part of the solution?

Geff