Date:      Wed, 8 Apr 1998 22:26:08 EDT
From:      ABAMF ICI <ABAMFICI@aol.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   IP Masquerade? | Proxy Server?

Okay I have 2 computers.  One running Win95 and one running another MUCH
better o/s.... any guesses?  :)

Anyways, (I grew up in New Jersey, please excuse my extra S's) I have both
linked together via an ethernet cable and all is working well there.  they can
ping each other (oh boy!!!) and everything else.  ftp, www, telnet, e-mail,
etc.  What I want to do is have the win95 computer access the internet via
ethernet feeding off of the freebsd's dial up connection to my isp.  Sounds
pointless but soon that modem in the freebsd comp will be replaced by a cable
modem and I want to get this stuff down now.

Well my question is, what is this kind of networking called?  Or what do I
need?  I've gathered that what I want to do is possible either via setting up
a proxy on the freebsd machine OR using ip masquerading.  I'm rather
confused...any help?  Just telling me which I should look up would be fine, I
don't need a whole tutorial reply, I can figure it out on my own once I know
what to look for.

Thanks in advance,
Kevin
:)