Date:      Sun, 31 Jan 1999 22:16:24 +0100
From:      jrhoads@lector.kth.se (Jill Rhoads)
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   *.*.mk problem

Version: 3-stable

I know that this is a problem that many seem to have, but I just can't
seem to solve it.

I had problems with my ports collection complaining about
bsd.port.post.mk  and bsd.port.pre.mk.  So after reading through the
earlier problems where someone had suggested that the upgrades patched
might be good idea I used pkg_add and put in 3.0 to 3.0-stable upgrade
kit.  But now my parts collection is completely shot and I get the
following error:

>"/usr/share/mk/bsd.port.mk", line 2: Could not find
>/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk
>make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue

and indeedy when i look at bsd.port.mk it says that it wants to go to
the Mk directory in ports.

My question is is obviously what to do?

(Please any suggestions to getting certain files would be much more
helpful to me if someone actually pointed out where they were. )

/Jill

Jill Rhoads
d97-jrh@d.kth.se
http://www.d.kth.se/~d97-jrh