Date:      Wed, 01 Nov 2000 14:56:12 -0900
From:      Brian Raynes <brian_raynes@dnr.state.ak.us>
To:        David Johnson <djohnson@acuson.com>, freebsd newbies <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: A sample category

David Johnson wrote:

> I was thinking along the lines of having this as a DocBook document
> under a cvs tree somewhere. Initially it would need a bit of moderating,
> but after it gets to a relatively complete state a single moderator
> could easily handle it. But perhaps a dedicated website might be more
> appropriate.
>
> David

After a little thought, I think the DocBook idea is a little better.
I don't know much about DocBook, but isn't it easy to create html, pdf
and ps files from DocBook format?  I've really liked the way the
handbook and a few other docs have been distributed this way.  I'm not
sure I've ever seen comments handled in document form, but for all the
other information the document format seems easier to setup than a
website and might require fewer resources (hardware & bandwidth).

Brian Raynes