Date:      Thu, 28 Sep 2017 11:28:17 -0400
From:      Christopher Sean Hilton <chris@vindaloo.com>
To:        Dimitry Andric <dim@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bind9 + TCP_FASTOPEN => no rndc

On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 02:20:47PM +0000, Christopher Sean Hilton wrote:
> Great,
>
> I assumed that the FASTOPEN failure was related to the inablity to
> open the rndc socket. I'll have to debug the rndc socket seperately.
>

> Thanks for help!

This had nothing to do with FASTOPEN and everything to do with moving
named from the base system to ports. The solution is to explicitly
configure the location of the rndc.key file in named.conf. Otherwise
named looks in the wrong directory to find it and then fails.

Simple when you know what's wrong.

--
Chris

      __o          "All I was trying to do was get home from work."
    _`\<,_           -Rosa Parks
Christopher Sean Hilton                    [chris/at/vindaloo/dot/com]