Date:      Mon, 23 Nov 1998 09:46:33 -0700
From:      "Foster, Jim" <JFOSTER@CSKAUTO.COM>
To:        FreeBSD-Stable <FreeBSD-Stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   CVSupit, make and floppies

Hi all,

I have a couple of quick (I hope) questions about getting to Stable.

This weekend I ran cvsupit to get my initial cvs refresh from 2.2.7-Release
to 2.2.7-Stable.

So far I have run
  make buildworld

Do I need to run
  make installworld
next, or can I rebuild my kernel next?  I was kinda hoping to build
everything, then install everything, but it was not real clear to me if the
kernel would get built correctly if I did not do the installworld first.

Next, since I boot my machine via floppy, where will I find the components
for that?  Will it be a single disk image file like the one found on the CD,
or will it be individual files?

Finally, I will need to clean up the objects after this is done.  I assume
that a simple
  make clean
will do the job.

TIA