Date:      Thu, 01 Mar 2007 11:46:07 +0000
From:      Dave Carrera <dave@ephgroup.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Backup procedure question / theory

HI All,

I need to automatically once a day backup some files on my Win 2003
serve to my remote FreeBSD box running v6.

What i need specifically is to compress the win files as small as they
can be then either set my FreeBSD box to go a get the file or tell win
to send it to my FreeBSD box.

The stumbling block here is me, i have absolutely no idea what i need to
do on each box to achieve this, having never done it before.

So i ask if any kind persons on the list can advise or even help me with
this.

Many kind regards

Dave