Date:      Fri, 29 Aug 2003 09:35:14 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Daniel Eischen <eischen@vigrid.com>
To:        David Xu <davidxu@viatech.com.cn>
Cc:        freebsd-threads@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Removing -pthread from gcc

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003, David Xu wrote:

> Daniel Eischen wrote:
>
> >-pthread is currently a compiler switch, and we (FreeBSD) are
> >one of the very few OSes that have such an option.
> >

> When will you commit it ?

I haven't heard from the gcc maintainers (kan, obrien) yet,
so as soon as I get feedback from them (or timeout after
a few days).  The patch would take one of the files off
the vendor branch, so I'd like kan/obrien to see if there
is another way to do it.

I think we can turn libkse back into libpthread after
-pthread is removed.

--
Dan Eischen