Date:      Sun, 2 Apr 1995 22:51:43 -0500 (CDT)
From:      bob@obiwan.pmr.com (Bob Willcox)
To:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com (freebsd-hackers)
Subject:   Adaptec 2740 question

I just installed an Adaptec 2740 in one of my systems and for some
reason both the EISA configuration utility and the aic7xxx device
driver think that this is a twin channel adapter (2740T, I think).
Since the connnector for Channel B is not installed on the card it
can't hardly be one.

On boot the channel B is being probed (of course there's nothing
there).  Is this normal?

Note that this system also has a BusLogic BT-747S with two disks,
which is where the FreeBSD system is installed and is booting from.

Thanks,
--
Bob Willcox
bob@obiwan.pmr.com (or obiwan%bob@uunet.uu.net)