Date:      Tue, 24 Sep 1996 17:33:02 +0200
From:      Zahemszky Gabor <zgabor@code.hu>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   bin/1678: ls(1) with LC_TIME

>Number:         1678
>Category:       bin
>Synopsis:       ls(1) with LC_TIME
>Confidential:   yes
>Severity:       serious
>Release:        FreeBSD 2.1.0-RELEASE i386
>Environment:

	I made an LC_TIME file on some of the locale's directory,
	export ENABLE_STARTUP_LOCALE, and tried it.  It's ok.
	But ls -l has wrong output in the date field.  I've looked into
	the sources, and it has hardwired the size and POSITION of
	the fields (it doesn't write the month, instead of write
	from eg position 3 to position 7 from the localtime string).

>How-To-Repeat:

	Get an LC_TIME file from -current, delete the comment lines,
	and change the record which says the format of the local time, eg
	not:
	Tue Sep 24 17:31:28 MET DST 1996
	but
	1996 Szep 24 Ke 17:31:28 MET
	export ENABLE_STARTUP_LOCALE, export the new LANG (or LC_TIME), and
	make an ls -l.