Date:      Mon, 16 Aug 1999 11:38:25 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jamie Bowden <ragnar@sysabend.org>
To:        David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
Cc:        Andrew Perry <andrew@python.shoal.net.au>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Speaking about serial numbers... (was Re: On freezes in 3.2-Stable )

On Sat, 14 Aug 1999, David Kelly wrote:

:The Pacific Coast was the first and last motorcycle Honda allowed their
:American automotive division to design. The motorcycle division handles
:the Gold Wing. From the rear the PC looks like a big scooter. That's
:what probably killed it in the market.

It replaced the ST1100, which was a much nicer looking bike, IMHO.

:sister model the Shadow continued for many years. The VT500 Shadow used
:the same engine only in natural aluminum rather than painted black. The
:Shadow had high handle bars and low seat. The Ascot is what we now call
:a "standard" bike, and the Shadow is "custom."

The Shadow is a nice bike.  I had an 86 VT500C for a couple of years.  It
was also available in 750cc and (I think) 1100cc models.  The engine was
trimmed in black, but mostly unpainted.

A friend of mine has an 85 Magna 500, which uses the 500cc V4 interceptor
engine.  That is a smokin' little bike.

Jamie Bowden

--

If we've got to fight over grep, sign me up.  But boggle can go.
	-Ted Faber (on Hasbro's request for removal of /usr/games/boggle)