Date:      Fri, 31 Dec 1999 19:24:04 +0200 (EET)
From:      Evren Yurtesen <yurtesen@dc.ispro.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   segmentation fault at boot!

Hello,

A few minutes ago my friend called and he told that he was taking
backup and then machine crashed. Then when he booted the machine
right after finding the hard drives. The machine was giving segmentation
fault. (I think after writing 'changing root device to...') We tried to
boot with GENERIC kernel and old kernels. We
got the same fault again and again. But the machine is getting
opened in single user mode. Even we issue boot -s at the boot time
the machine is giving segmentation fault warning and then getting opened
in single user mode. If we exit the single user mode we get the
same segmentation fault error and machine crashes completely.

What can be the cause? We were using 3.3-STABLE.

Thanks!!!