Date:      Thu, 29 Jun 2000 09:16:57 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "Ross A Lippert" <ripper@plato.nmia.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        ripper@nmia.com
Subject:   irq not in probed bitmap

(reply directly, I'm not subscribed)

Hi,

I'm still troubleshooting the install of freebsd in which
modem and soundcard are not being detected at boot.

Problem:
soundcard and modem show up as "unkown"'s and I get a message
  sio2: irq 9 not in bitmap of probed irqs
The modem and soundcard (sb16) are esoteric enough that they do not
appear in the isa_pnp_id lists in sio.c and sbc.c.

I did the pnpinfo thing and added the right stuff to the sio.c and
sbc.c files (I think).

And the error persists.  I got a suggestion to turn PnpOS to off
in the BIOS, but that doesn't change anything.

What else could I be doing wrong?

-r