Date:      Thu, 28 Jan 1999 13:34:38 +0800 (PHT)
From:      "Francis Percival C. Favoreal" <dune@cats.edu.ph>
To:        Ludwig Pummer <ludwigp@bigfoot.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Multiple NICs

On Wed, 27 Jan 1999, Ludwig Pummer wrote:

> Have you tried doing 'ifconfig ed1 inet 172.16.1.1 netmask 0xffffff00' ? If
> so, have you gotten an error message?

# ifconfig ed1
ifconfig: interface ed1 does not exist

This is expected since I cannot see interface ed1 when I do an,

# ifconfig -a

I tried moving the NE2000 PCI Ethernet card to a new pci slot. When I boot
up the server, the card was assigned a new irq which was irq 10. But,
still the same thing happens. The card gets detected but cannot be seen
in ifconfig -a =(

--
riko