Date:      Wed, 25 Sep 2002 10:50:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Kim Scarborough" <sluggo@unknown.nu>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docs/43364: Man page for hier(7) doesn' have /var/empty

The following reply was made to PR docs/43364; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Kim Scarborough" <sluggo@unknown.nu>
To: "Gary W. Swearingen" <swear@attbi.com>
Cc: <FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 12:42:57 -0500

 > That huge manual doesn't need the extra words "for privilege separation"
 > which will make sense to few and which those who "see sshd(8)" will find
 > used there (as if it'll be of any real help to them).

 Heh, as opposed to user-friendly terms such as "POSIX real-time extensions
 includes" or "genclass prototype/template class files", I suppose. If the 15
 bytes saved by the deletion of those three words is really that important,
 then yeah, take it out; otherwise, I think it should follow the format of just
 about every other cross-referenced listing in there and have a brief
 explanation of its function.