Date:      Sun, 13 Mar 2022 11:16:06 -0700
From:      Xin Li <delphij@delphij.net>
To:        Archimedes Gaviola <archimedes.gaviola@gmail.com>, freebsd-database@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Berkeley DB 1.85 source install

Hi,

On 2/20/22 17:59, Archimedes Gaviola wrote:
> (re-posted as this might be the proper channel to ask)
>
> Hi,
>
> With 13.0-RELEASE, I would like to compile and install the Berkeley DB
> 1.85 source from /usr/src/lib/libc/db however only in its parent
> directory /usr/src/lib/libc I could perform the "make" command. Is there
> a way to compile specific to the db only? If it's possible then what are
> the "make" parameters I should include to invoke?

No, unless write the build glues.  /usr/src/lib/libc/db was a trimmed
down and customized version of Berkeley DB 1.86, and it's not intended
for standard alone use (and therefore, it's unlikely that we would
accept changes to add build glues for it to build it as a standard alone
library).

If you need Berkeley DB 1.85 (or 1.86), you should be able to find the
original tarball on the Internet and start from there.

Cheers,