Date:      Mon, 13 May 1996 08:42:31 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      "Christoph P. Kukulies" <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        smpatel@umiacs.umd.edu (Sujal Patel)
Cc:        kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de, multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: snd in -current, vmix, misc

> On Sun, 12 May 1996, Christoph P. Kukulies wrote:
>
> > I compiled a -current kernel with snd01041996-2.2-current.tgz:
> >
> > May 12 18:06:42 isdn-kukulies /kernel: isa_dmastart: channel 1 busy
> > and continously the message 'isa_dmastart: channel 1 busy' on the screen.
> >
> > What's the cause of this?
>
> This is caused by the sound driver failing to report that the dma
> operation has been completed.  For now, until the sound driver in -current
> is up to par, you can just comment this message out of isa.c

Could the excessive occurance of this message or that fact that it is there
lead to stability problems? Reason I'm asking is:

Yesterday while playing with vat 4.0a8 I got a total system freeze
which was preceded by a somewhat jumpy mouse action. I moved the
mouse cursor in and out of the vat window and suddenly the mouse arrow
warped to a different location. I was speaking into the mic and was
playing with the button below of the mic (the one that turns into
a different icon now when clicking on it). Then I clicked in the title
bar of the vat window and, pugh - freeze.