Date:      Tue, 21 Aug 2001 22:46:48 -0700
From:      Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org>
To:        Murray Stokely <murray.stokely@windriver.com>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: 2 chapters in bad need of an overhaul

Murray Stokely <murray.stokely@windriver.com> writes:
>   I think that we should also start to talk about some 5.x features
> in the disks chapter, such as using mdconfig instead of vnconfig.

I was under the impression that we didn't want to write about things
that people couldn't get in anything that we would consider `release
quality'.  (The new md(4) (and mdconfig(8)) will (should) not be MFC'd
to RELENG_4 because they're incompatible with what's already there.)
If this isn't the case, I'll gladly write up something about the new
md(4) features; I was planning to do that when 5.0 hit -RELEASE,
anyway.

> The
> disks chapter should also talk about logical volume management on
> FreeBSD with ccd, vinum,

Greg Lehey (vinum maintainer) is a competent writer.  Perhaps somebody
can try to get him to write something about it?