Date:      Wed, 17 Apr 2002 22:50:14 +0300 (EET DST)
From:      "Giorgos Keramidas" <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        ann kok <annkok2001@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: upgrade freebsd

On Wed, 17 Apr 2002, ann kok wrote:

> Is it possible not to upgrade by single user step?
> It is because I only connect to freebsd remotely

To be frank, I've tried this more than once, and I never had any problems.
There could be problems with libraries, and stuff that is installed in
a different order than the one ld (the dynamic linker) will attempt to
load... but I havent found anything that has broken by upgrading
without going into single-user moode (yet, the future might hold
surprises for me).  This is just a safety step.  It's not mandatory, I
think...

> what is the meaning of chflag -R noschg

Have you checked the manpage?  You're asking a lot of questions, which
is not necessarily bad, but it is a nice thing to have checked the
documentation first.  Some of the questions you've been asking the past
few weeks/months (I don't remember exactly the time it all began)
indicate that you don't take any time to look for documentation locally :P

It's a pity on on a system like FreeBSD where effort is being
constantly made to keep the manpages up to date and easy to understand,
to avoid the manpages.

- Giorgos