Date:      Sun, 22 Jan 2006 22:03:10 -0800
From:      Tushar Desai <tsdesai@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   upgrade from 2.10 to 2.12 doesn't work

Hello,

This weekend I tried to upgrade my gnome desktop from 2.10 to 2.12 and
it still gives me the 2.10 desktop (Desktop=3D=3D>About Gnome and login
splash screen show version as 2.10).

I'm tracking FREEBSD-6-STABLE (which is latest as of Sat morning PST)
and I executed the upgrade script provided by the FreeBSD Gnome
project, which ran for well over 25hrs. It didn't show any errors
while running.

Also, my system is running X11R6.8.2 (I was hoping the gnome upgrade
would somehow pull in X11R6.9). My gdm.conf does have the FirstVT=3D9
settings.

Is there any additional configuration we need to do after running that
upgrade script? I tried both, gdb_enable in rc.conf and enabling gdm
on ttyv8.

Please lemme know what additional info I can provide or settings I
need to do, since I'm new to this.

Thanks,
-tushar