Date:      Fri, 18 Oct 2002 18:11:04 +0300
From:      Alexey Zelkin <phantom@FreeBSD.org.ua>
To:        Marc Recht <marc@informatik.uni-bremen.de>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org, glewis@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Native J2SE 1.4 update (it's working)

hi,

On Fri, Oct 18, 2002 at 04:51:02PM +0200, Marc Recht wrote:
> > With a couple of tweeks, Alexy Zelkin finally got 1.4 running the
> > Java2D demo. Hopefully, a patch set for both 1.3 and 1.4 will come
> > out soon for the public.
> Cool! I'm glad to hear you guys are still working on it. I only wish you
> would release patches far more often. (Release early and often...) The
I have no problems with it. Maybe some amount of -pre patchsets would be
good. Greg, what do you think ?

> FreeBSD JDK is considered alpha anyway. So, if it compiles, why not
> release it ?
There were few small (10-12 lines patches), but very annoyed bugs which
only yesterday completely tracked down. Also there's about 100 explicit
my XXX's in tree. I need to review them and fixup some before giving
sources to public. :-)

> IMHO the best way would be public read access to the CVS repository.
> Maybe you could give read access to people who accept to the SCSL ?
It's up to Nate.

> Just my 0.02 EUR..
>
> Marc
>
> --
> "Premature optimization is the root of all evil." -- Donald E. Knuth
Exactly :-) Implicit optimizations are even more evil :-(