Date:      Wed, 21 Nov 2001 15:45:06 -0000
From:      Lee Brotherston <lee.brotherston@uk.easynet.net>
To:        'Ron Rosson' <insane@lunatic.oneinsane.net>, security@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: IPSec Tunnel

There are a few ways.  The easiest way I've found is to use mpd-netgraph.  I
must confess I'm not 100% sure if it is _actual_ IPSec, but it is IPSec
like.

It's a VPN-tunnel-on-demand daemon, it's part of the FreeBSD ports for an
easy start point.  I'm not sure how portable it is, so I can't say whether
it would like OpenBSD, but being one of FreeBSD's closer relations is more
likely work there than anywhere else ;)

I've used it between a couple of FreeBSD boxes in a test environment using
the PPTP with encryption option, and got it working properly with
applications running over it and everything in less than an hour, so it's
not too hard :)

The other method I've seen is using the gif(n) interface.... 'man setkey'
explains it better than I could ;)

Thanks

  Lee

--
Lee Brotherston  -  IP Security Manager, Easynet Ltd
http://www.easynet.net/         Phone: +44 20 7900 4444