Date:      Fri, 7 Jul 2000 20:05:35 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        brett@lariat.org (Brett Glass)
Cc:        molter@sofia.csl.sri.com (Marco Molteni), chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: A fortune(6) candidate (was: No port of Opera?)

> >> This thread is as silly now as it was the first time it came up.
> >
> >Please, please, put this in the fortune database :-)
>
> Or should we wait until threads work better? ;-)
>
> Seriously, though, it appears that certain folks are in denial about
> the negative results of emulating another platform, even though they
> are being demonstrated again and again.

SCO is currently in the proces of marginalizing themselves this
way; I think many in the SCO management have realized this, but
are unable to stuff the genie back into the bottle.  It is
probably too late for SCO, at this point.

I rather expect that, if they can get the necessary sign-off
from people whom they have licensed code from (Microsoft,
Veritas, Novell, etc.), that SCO will be Open-Sourcing SVR4
in the not too distant future.

Yes, this is a rumor, but I rather trust the source_s_...

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.