Date:      Tue, 17 Jul 2001 09:17:32 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        stuart@bh90210.net
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Dell I8000 + FreeBsd 4.3 + Newbie = HELP!

In message <9j12tq+bbek@eGroups.com> stuart@bh90210.net writes:
: I know the issues I had to surmount with Linux and the Dell I8K, so
: rather than loose more hairs, I am going to ask for advice in advance.
:
: a) PCMCIA issues?

None.

: b) How do I get XFree86 going (this I tryed, and well, I am still
: asking you how!)?

People on the list have these.  If you wait a few days, I'll have
one. :-)  Maybe even today.  It shipped, according to Dell, on
Thursday 3-5 day.  That puts the first possible day of its arrival at
today.

: c) Sound?

No idea.  I've heard that it just works from some folks that have it.

: d) CD-RW/DVD?

ata driver should attach these as acd.

: e) Getting 1600x1200 (ATI M4 32MB card)?

See b).

: f) Intel built in ethernet board, will it work?

Ethernet will work.  Maybe there are some issues with suspend.

: g) WinModem (ActionTec), will it work?

Might.  I think there's a driver that isn't in the tree yet.

: h) LS-120?

afd.

: Anything I may have overlooked?

Not that I can think of.