Date:      Fri, 29 Apr 2005 04:49:33 +0200
From:      Anthony Atkielski <atkielski.anthony@wanadoo.fr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: longest uptime

Joshua Tinnin writes:

> An long-unpatched FreeBSD install on a DMZ server makes me a bit
> more edgy than knowing the uptime will reset to zero when it's rebooted
> after updating.

Is FreeBSD so insecure that it must be patched every few days?  I hardly
ever see FreeBSD security issues on Bugtraq, and the ones I see often
have nothing to do with Net attacks.  A properly configured FreeBSD
server with no local logins should be quite secure.  The only problem
I've ever had resulted from a bug in Apache, and Apache obviously isn't
part of FreeBSD.

--
Anthony