Date:      Sat, 27 Jan 1996 22:53:58 -0800 (PST)
From:      obrien@cs.ucdavis.edu (David E. O'Brien)
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org (FreeBSD ports list)
Subject:   Minicom 1.74 port

I've placed my Minicom v1.74 port on
ftp.FreeBSD.org:/pub/FreeBSD/incoming.  The associated files are:

    minicom-1.74.tar.gz
    minicom-portball-1.74.README
    minicom-portball-1.74.tgz

It looks like someone beat me to the punch-line.  I saw a minicom.tar.gz
file in there.  My port is a little more upto date.  I've been working
on it since December and version 1.71.  I found several bugs with the
original and made some enhancements.  The author was working on a new
release (took a little while to pin down the release date) and was happy
to take the FreeBSD contribution (yea!).

>From DESCR:

    Minicom is a serial communication program.  It is a un*x clone of the
    well-known MS-DOS Telix program.  It has ANSI color, dialing directory,
    dial-a-list, script language, file up/download support, screen capture,
    scroll-back, etc.

-- David   (obrien@cs.ucdavis.edu)