Date:      Thu, 27 Jan 2000 21:43:37 +0000
From:      Josef Karthauser <joe@pavilion.net>
To:        William Woods <freebsd@cybcon.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, Dave Hostetler <dbhost@brokersys.com>
Subject:   Re: To those that replied to me...

On Thu, Jan 27, 2000 at 01:33:05PM -0800, William Woods wrote:
> > I'm running 4.0 on my laptop, with both Gimp and networking.  I can
> > assure you that both of these things also work very well under the 3.X
> > branch, of which 3.4 has been the most recent release.
>
> Side note here, how do you like 4.0 o your laptop? I have 3.4 on my Thinkpad
> and all seems to be fine.
>
> Any improvements for us alptop users? how's that stability?

Stablility is generally good at the moment.  Over the last six
weeks a lot of pccard support has been added, and I can now
suspend/resume and have my 3com card DTRT with dhcp, etc.  This is
without an PAO patches.  I've got a small problem with the sound
on my Vaio F290.  It works until I suspend and resume and then I
can play, but no noise comes out - it doesn't appear to be bothering
anyone else at the moment though, so maybe it just this model.
Because of this I've generally left the machine on between locations
to avoid the hastle of a reboot to place my cds or mp3s.  I've
clocked up 6 1/2 days uptime so far this time around :)

Joe
--
Josef Karthauser	FreeBSD: Take the red pill and we'll show you just how
Technical Manager	deep the rabbit hole goes. (http://www.uk.freebsd.org)