Date:      Fri, 06 Feb 1998 18:39:05 -0500
From:      Mark Scherer <schererma@nima.mil>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        schererma@nima.mil
Subject:   FreeBSD TCP/IP Network setup

Is there a document on how to set up FreeBSD with
a ip network.  I've got all the numbers I need, but when
I type in the info to the files ( ex. hosts.conf etc. ) in a
fashion like I did on a Solaris 2.5 box, I could not get
FreeBsd & netscape to connect, but it worked great
on the Sun box, so, obviously, it not the same setup.
I've got my default gateway ip, my i386 ip address,
net mask, router/gateway ip address, & my 2
DNS servers ip add's. FreeBSD does find my
network card and Netscape for Linux 2.0 comes
up fine and lets my enter options etc.

Any help is appreciated.

Mark Scherer     schererma@nima.mil

P.S.  This version of FreeBSD is great !!
        No more Linux, ever! sorry Linus.

Also, thanks for the boot easy help. Boot easy
  installs right over NT loader and doesn't
clobber it.  The best of both worlds. NT loader allows
me to get to my 3rd scsi drive (boot easy
only does the first 2) and boot easy allows me to get to:

    1)  NT boot loader boot.ini on the 1st disk- labeled as DOS
                  and from there NT loader can take me NT on
                   any drive - in my case, my 3rd scsi
    2)  UnixWare on 1st scsi disk - partition 2
    3)  FreeBSD  2nd scsi partition 2
    4)  Linux  2nd scsi partition 3

Thanks