Date:      Fri, 16 Jun 1995 15:35:11 -0400
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@halloran-eldar.lcs.mit.edu>
To:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
Cc:        mark@grondar.za (Mark Murray), FreeBSD-current@FreeBSD.Org
Subject:   Re: DES, crypt and eBones

<<On Fri, 16 Jun 1995 12:12:07 -0700 (PDT), "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com> said:

> telnet[d] with kerberization should go in eBones, since eBones was
> to replace the kerberization stuff supplied by 4.4BSD lite.

The Kerberized telnet/libtelnet/telnetd live in usr.bin/lib/libexec,
since they are exportable.  The Kerberized encrypting
telnet/libtelnet/telnetd need to live elsewhere.  Currently no effort
is made to even compile these, but they can be made to work with not
too much effort from the un-sanitized sources in /usr/src/secure.
But, these are the original sources from Cray, and not the same as
what Mark has.  Given that we are going to rectify the latter, it is
worth some time to think about what the right place to put it is.

-GAWollman

--
Garrett A. Wollman   | Shashish is simple, it's discreet, it's brief. ...
wollman@lcs.mit.edu  | Shashish is the bonding of hearts in spite of distance.