Date:      Wed, 10 Dec 2003 21:46:09 -0500
From:      Leo Bicknell <bicknell@ufp.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: adding more ram

--pf9I7BMVVzbSWLtt

In a message written on Thu, Dec 11, 2003 at 02:42:12AM -0000, Sparrevohn, =
Thomas wrote:
> The /var size should properly stay as recommended. But a sanity
> check on the available space when enabling crash dumps might be a
> good idea

Right, I didn't want to change the default suggestion, just put near
that recomendation that crash dumps may greatly increase /var need,
and also mention that in the swap sizing section as to why swap =3D=3D ram
should probably be a minimum (otherwize you can't turn on crash dumps
without repartitioning).

--=20
       Leo Bicknell - bicknell@ufp.org - CCIE 3440
Read TMBG List - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org, www.tmbg.org