Date:      Fri, 31 Dec 1999 13:26:13 -0500
From:      "Troy Settle" <troy@picus.com>
To:        <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Happy New Year

Well, there's just under 11 hours to Y2K (EST).

3 and a half years ago, I saw an opportunity to work with an amazing
business person to build an ISP.  At the time, I was a linux freak, but
quickly realized that FreeBSD would be a much better choice in such an
environment.  3 years ago, we went live with a single FreeBSD server, a
Cisco 2501, and a Max 4004.  It's been smooth sailing since (few bumps, but
that's ok!).

I'd like to extend my deepest gratitude to the developers and contributors
to the FreeBSD project.   You've made my career.  Without you, I'd probably
have spent the last 3 years pulling my hair out trying to maintain a slew of
Linux boxes.

On to business at hand:  While I expect the transition to 1/1/2000 to be
eventless, I'm wondering if anyone in any other time zones has experienced
any ill effects.

If folks who have already moved to Y2K could post back to the list to let us
know that everything's ok, I'm sure that those of us who are still waiting
would be gratefully appreciative.

Thanks again to everyone,

Troy Settle