Date:      Fri, 4 Apr 2003 15:53:49 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        John Murphy <jfm@blueyonder.co.uk>
Cc:        newbies@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Navigating cvsweb?

On 2003-04-04 00:51, John Murphy <jfm@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> I never seem to be able to find what I'm looking for when browsing
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/
>
> Earlier, Dancho Penev <dpenev@mail.bg> suggested (in -questions):
> # sysctl net.link.ether.inet.log_arp_movements=0
> which is going to reduce kernel log messages significantly
> where ISP = blueyonder.co.uk
>
> Stunning to have that amount of (virtual) control ;)
>
> man 8 sysctl mentions <netinet/in.h>.  So how would I be able to
> see when that sysctl became available, for example?

Look at the annotated version of `src/sys/netinet/if_ether.c' around
line 557:

: 556 1.74  (alfred   06-Jan-01): static int log_arp_wrong_iface = 1;
: 557 1.81  (alfred   03-Sep-01): static int log_arp_movements = 1;
: 558 1.74  (alfred   06-Jan-01):

Then look at the log of revision 1.81 and the diff of 1.80 -> 1.81.

IMHO, It's difficult to track things like this by staring at CVS logs
through cvsweb.  I usually start with something like:

	$ cd /usr/src
	$ grep -rl arp_move .

and then look at the annotated versions of the files that match.

- Giorgos