Date:      Tue, 3 Sep 1996 14:00:17 -0400
From:      dennis@etinc.com (Dennis)
To:        "Hr.Ladavac" <lada@ws2301.gud.siemens.co.at>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD vs. Linux 96 (my impressions)

>E-mail message from Dennis contained:
>>
>> You left out one big disadvantage. The Kernel implementation is a pile
>> of crap, and that different combinations of drivers will yield almost random
>> results in terms of reliability and stability.
>>
>> Just my impression.
>
>Shame that no one really cares about it.  All the people want to see is that
>it's so easy for newcommers.  Just like Windows.  In more than one aspect :)

I think that they care...but the "core team" (if you can call them that)
just has some
hokey ideas on how to do stuff, and thinks nothing of hacking up critical
pieces to
make something "more efficient"...and they usually break something else in the
process. Plus there are not spl levels, and all kinds of race conditions
that are
virtually impossible to track down.....

Dennis