Date:      Tue, 12 Feb 2002 23:22:20 -0500
From:      Tom Rhodes <darklogik@pittgoth.com>
To:        Valentino Vaschetto <logo@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Dima Dorfman <dima@trit.org>, doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: <port> replacement

Valentino Vaschetto wrote:

>You do have a point here. It even confuses me :).
>
>How about have the role be port and package, but
>have them both do the same thing.
>
>Anyway, I think we should get this committed, instead of
>letting it just be another good idea lost somewhere in cyberspace.
>
>-val

Thinking, if they both do the same thing, then everyone would just use
port cause it would most likly be less typeing...  Ok, nevermind, lets
get the new system setup, and then argu^H^H^Hdiscuss how it should work,
or what may be better afterwords.  Just because I do not think that port
and package make sence because everything is a port and some have
packages.  And I do think it should do just like the old <port> did,
like net/cvsup should take you to cvsup when using the web link, just
because its easier for users.  Regardless of my opinion, do what you
feel would make the most sence...

--
Tom (Darklogik) Rhodes
www.Pittgoth.com Gothic Liberation Front