Date:      Mon, 9 Dec 2002 10:17:49 -0600
From:      Lute Mullenix <lute@cableone.net>
To:        Newbies <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Recording sound files.

Hi,

I'm in the process of copying some songs from tape to my computer. These
are old demo tapes made by local bands and pretty much one of a kind
items. I'm doing this in hopes of burning them on to CDs because of the
fragile nature of cassettes.

Anyway I have been using Xwave to record from the tape, then bladeenc to
encode to mp3 format. This seems to be working pretty well, but am
wondering if anyone has used something different to do this sort of
thing. If so, what and how it worked for them.

This kind of stuff is brand new to me and I'm flying by the seat of my
pants so to speak on this one.

Lute