Date:      Tue, 03 Nov 1998 21:37:53 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        spork <spork@super-g.com>
Cc:        Andrew McNaughton <andrew@squiz.co.nz>, bow <bow@bow.net>, FreeBSD-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [rootshell] Security Bulletin #25 (fwd)

In message <Pine.BSF.4.00.9811032233120.12762-100000@super-g.inch.com> spork writes:
: Sorry to bring this up again, but someone has posted on BugTraq stating
: they found a copy of an exploit for sshd (remote root).  He claims to have
: tried it on his own machines with success.

I saw that too, but realized that it wouldn't be a big deal to cope
with because it was in the logging routines and would be caught by the
extra sanity checking that we put in there.  I've not seen his claims
in any of the other security lists that I'm on yet...

Warner