Date:      Tue, 22 Apr 1997 10:57:54 -0500
From:      "Darrin R. Woods" <dwoods@netgazer.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   wu-ftpd 2.4.2 beta 12 question

We are trying to setup virtual ftp sites for some of our customers.  After
an exhaustive search (and eventually giving up) of the "fbsd.vftp.patch"
file for wu-ftp 2.4, I downloaded and compiled the beta 12 of 2.4.2 from
ports-current.

Compiled great under FreeBSD 2.1.7.  Added the "virtual xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
root /path/path/path" lines to the ftpaccess file. Changed inetd to
"/usr/local/libexec/ftpd -l -a /usr/local/etc/ftpaccess".  HUPed inetd.
But.... everytime we try to ftp to whatever address on that server, it
always puts us in the regular ftp directory.  We've taken out the "/./"
from the passwd files, but still won't go to the specified path.

Does the fbsd port not include the virtual support?  The install notes make
some mention of adding -DVIRTUAL to the CFLAGS in the makefile.  I can't
find any CFLAGS in any of the makefiles.

What am I doing wrong? or does anyone know an easier way of achieving what
I want.

Thanks, in advance.

Darrin R. Woods                  |         Will work for bandwidth
Director Operations              |
Netgazer Solutions, Inc.         | work:   http://www.netgazer.net
Dallas, Texas   972.702.9119     | home:   http://www.intosh.com

           My employer most whole-heartedly denies everything I say