Date:      Wed, 2 Oct 2002 09:56:58 -0400
From:      Don Bowman <don@sandvine.com>
To:        'Ralph Forsythe' <rforsythe@centerone.com>, freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: HP 4000M switch question

We use them extensively, have for 5 years, probably have
30 of them. We used to use them in a multicast MPEG-2 video
application, ~2Gbps of bandwidth. Have found them to be very
reliable and easy to manage.

Yes they support a 'span' (a monitoring port), which can be
joined to any one port on the switch.

They support only 32 VLANs (any vlan numbers, but only 32
at a time).