Date:      Tue, 16 May 2000 23:53:12 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        Nick Hibma <n_hibma@calcaphon.com>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What do people think of maybe using the sourceforge software?

> Second, the projects page we have now, with all due respect to the
> people that try to keep it reasonably organised, is a mess due to the
> lack of updates. people only maintain their project pages perhaps, but
> certainly not the links that lead to them.
>
> Being able to work with more people on the same project on an equal
> bases would be a good idea IMHO.

Well, I have to say that I installed and played with sourceforge for
awhile and it's, well, highly dedicated to being sourceforge.

The various product links *all* point back to sourceforge.com relative
addresses and there's no concept of "$PROJECTNAME" or "$PROJECTBASE"
to customize the sourceforge software for someone else, like the
FreeBSD project.  It's very much an example of a "code straight to the
goal and for one purpose" implementation and, unfortunately, thus
completely unsuitable for our purposes without some major hackery.

Maybe if we could find something else...

- Jordan