Date:      Tue, 16 Jun 1998 17:48:25 -0700
From:      Josef Grosch <jgrosch@superior.mooseriver.com>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, lcremean@tidalwave.net, Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <jonny@jonny.eng.br>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: US Immigration (was: Funny, but true...)

On Mon, Jun 15, 1998 at 12:57:57PM -0500, Greg Lehey wrote:
> On Sat, 13 June 1998 at 17:41:07 -0400, Lee Cremeans wrote:
>
> > The root of this, though, is the fact that the State Department is
> > paranoid, very paranoid. I'm sure they have some right to be at this
> > moment, after all the attacks on US installations in the Middle East
> > (and the NYC World Trade Center bombing here 5 years ago) by rabid
> > Islam fundamentalists...and the Nazi thing is because there are
> > Nazis hiding out in South America, apparently, that avoided the
> > Nuremburg trials in 1946 (most are very old now, and I would not
> > doubt they'd all be dead in 10 years).
>
> Don't believe that these questions are new.  As I mentioned, we had
> them (+ communism) in 1957, and every time since that I've applied for
> a US visa, I have had to answer pretty much the same collection.
>
> Here's another one.  My visa is valid until some time in 2001, but
> when I left for the US last week, I was given a green form I-94W (Visa
> Waiver Arrival/Departure Form).  On the back of it, just above the
> signature, was this interesting statement:
>
>   WAIVER OF RIGHTS:  I hereby waive any rights to review or appeal of
>   an immgration officer's determination as to my admissibility, or to
>   contest, other that on the basis of an application for asylum, any
>   action in deportation.
>
> My first reaction was to cross out this paragraph.  I decided a little
> later that that would not be a good idea, and got the I-94 (white
> form, for people with visas).  But what a waiver!  Any immigration
> officer who didn't like the look of me could just send me back half
> way round the world, and I couldn't even complain.

The above paragraph is the result of the "Immigration Reform while Saving
the Children" act recently passed by that collection of fascists in
congress. Sorry, Greg, but things are going to get much worse before it
gets any better. A large section of this country is unhappy because the
amerika of today does not match the "Leave it to Beaver" amerika they think
they should be living in. These people are living in a dream world and are
busy finding fault in every thing, including the stars, instead of
themselves. Hence, the return of the "No Nothings". Sigh! :-(

Josef

--
Josef Grosch           | Another day closer to a |    FreeBSD 2.2.7
jgrosch@MooseRiver.com |   Micro$oft free world  | UNIX for the masses