Date:      Sun, 21 May 2006 20:15:13 +0200
From:      =?iso-8859-2?Q?Wojciech_=A3ukowicz?= <voytar@gmail.com>
To:        <doc@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   18.4 RAID1 - Mirroring

Hello,
recently I have been trying to make a mirror on two 9.2GB SCSI drives.
I followed the 18.4 chapter from handbook but unfortunately it didn't
work, when I was trying to insert second disk to mirror, "Provider da0
too small." appeared.
It was strange because those hdds are theoretically equal in size.
I googled little bit and it turned out that checking disks size with
/usr/sbin/diskinfo -v /dev/da[01]
is important - disks must be either completely equal or the second must
be a little bit smaller.
In my case the solution was to change SCSI ID using jumpers.
I think that adding information about diskinfo would be really helpful
for people.

--
Best regards,
Wojciech Łukowicz