Date:      Sun, 13 Dec 1998 23:50:45 -0600
From:      Jon Hamilton <hamilton@pobox.com>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   dump/restore submission

I wrote a quick dump/restore tutorial for a friend, and thought it'd be
a good chance to learn the DocBook DTD.  After a bit of struggle and
shuffling, I wound up with http://www.pobox.com/~hamilton/docs/dump.html
and wonder whether it's good enough to find a home somewhere useful
(handbook?  tutorials? FAQ?).

Any suggestions are of course welcome.  It could probably stand some more
examples and a little more detail here and there, but I thought I'd solicit
input and see where it stands.  The SGML source is available in
http://www.pobox.com/~hamilton/docs/dump.sgml but please be gentle; it's
my first attempt at DocBook, and the markup was retrofitted against an
existing document, so it's ... fairly ugly.

--
   Jon Hamilton
   hamilton@pobox.com