Date:      Mon, 08 Mar 2004 09:18:10 GMT
From:      ogautherot@freesurf.fr
To:        Sven Hohage <hohage@muenster.de>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Router with one ethernet card

Hi Sven!

In essence, yes. Just make sure that your machine forwards its connection
(see sysinstall, network configuration - gateway operation), then install
BIND9 and a DHCP server and you're on. You will have to edit the config
files but the comments are very well done - you can get your LAN hooked
up in less than an hour, all included. If you need help, just le me know:
I did it to share our ADSL connection (Ethernet modem).

You can also install a firewall (ipfw works fine) and allow some services
in the DHCP domain only (FTP, etc.)

Hope it helps
   Olivier