Date:      Sun, 16 Jan 2005 14:02:00 +0000
From:      Xian <ian@codepad.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        maarfree@xs4all.nl
Subject:   Re: KDM, KDE 3.3 and xmodmap

On Saturday 15 January 2005 21:56, Maarten wrote:
>Does anyone know how to configure KDM or KDE so that is uses xmodmap?
>
>The configuration is pretty much out of the box, 5.3.
>
>For some reason using "custom" from the KDM menu with .xsession:
>
>#!/bin/sh
>xmodmap -e 'keycode 203=F13'
>exec startkde
>
>Does start kde but ignores the xmodmap entry.
>
>If i do 'sh .xsession' after login xmodmap is processed and I get a
>message KDE is already running :-)
>
>Thanks,
>
>Maarten

I think KDM completely ignores ~/.xsession and ~/.xinit files out of the box.
I don't know how to change this.

If you want to test your ~/.xsession and ~/.xinit files you can type

 startx -- :1

to start up another Xserver. Also I can't seem to find any logic to what uses
~/.xsession and what uses ~/.xinit so I hard linked them to the same file.

--
/Xian

"If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos...then you probably
haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation"
unknown author