Date:      Wed, 13 Oct 2021 01:39:52 +0200
From:      =?UTF-8?Q?Morgan_Wesstr=c3=b6m?= <freebsd-database@pp.dyndns.biz>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mail Traffic

On 2021-10-12 08:04, Silvio Siefke wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have VPS as webhost which blocked port 25 by ISP. Is there a chance
> to route the traffic over the vpn Network?
>
> My Mailserver had the internal IP 192.168.0.109. I had try it with hosts
> file but it will not work.
>
> Is there a chance to make it with pf?
>
> Thank you for ideas.
>
> Silvio

I didn't fully understand your first paragraph but this is how I do it and I
hope I understood your question correctly. :)

My ISP blocks outgoing port 25 too (like most ISPs do these days). I have a VPS
on RamNode, who doesn't block anything, and I run my mail-server there. I
connect my LAN and that VPS through an OpenVPN tunnel and I can now send and
receive mail from any machine on my LAN with no problems.

In pf I just do a pass all on the tun interfaces but nothing stops you from
creating a rule that just pass the data on port 25/587.

Regards
Morgan