Date:      Wed, 04 Nov 1998 06:29:04 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Jim King <jim.king@mail.sstar.com>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AS200 almost boots

> This is with a 10/31 boot.flp installing 3.0-RELEASE.  The first time I
> booted it complained about not having a boot.conf.  Any suggestions?

The alpha bindists had a buggy kernel (which would do what yours did)
until about 11/01 or so.  See one of the later snapshots - I'm trying
to make one right now for copying to ftp.freebsd.org but there are
build problems.  If you want to replace just the kernel, which works,
grab:
	ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/incoming/kernel.GENERIC.alpha

- Jordan