Date:      Tue, 13 Dec 2005 21:50:06 GMT
From:      "Thomas E. Zander" <riggs@rrr.de>
To:        freebsd-ports-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/89906: multimedia/mplayer gtk2 patch

The following reply was made to PR ports/89906; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Thomas E. Zander" <riggs@rrr.de>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Cc: bh@izb.knu.ac.kr
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 22:41:01 +0100

 Hi,

 a quick look at the patch looks promising. However I think it would be
 better to place this diff in ${FILESDIR} and apply it in the
 post-patch: target if WITH_GTK2 is defined. It turned out to be
 difficult to make successful port fetching dependent on the
 availability of a private homepage.
 I also suggest that we make gtk2 the default gui only if the mplayer
 dev team releases the next version with official gtk2 support.
 Otherwise it might be broken again and we have to move back to gtk1
 until another patch is finished. I really like to keep the
 default installation close to the genuine config.

 Riggs

 --
 - Now the world has gone to bed  | Now I lay me down to sleep        -
 -- Darkness won't engulf my head | Try to count electric sheep      --