Date:      Thu, 16 May 2002 02:38:40 +0100
From:      Tony Finch <dot@dotat.at>
To:        James Howard <howardjp@glue.umd.edu>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   $FreeBSD$ tag in CVS

James Howard <howardjp@glue.umd.edu>

> I've asked questions about how this has been done before, and I have
> successfully created my own tags.  But now I am trying to do it on Linux,
> and it doesn't work.  Is this a BSD-specific modification?

As far as I have seen, the FreeBSD modification is only shared with
Debian. NetBSD and OpenBSD have a different patch. (Interestingly, the X
Consortium uses a NetBSD-style tag whereas XFree86 uses a FreeBSD-style
tag.)

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch <dot@dotat.at> http://dotat.at/
SOUTHEAST ICELAND: NORTHEAST 6 TO GALE 8 VEERING EAST 5. RAIN DYING OUT.