Date:      Fri, 26 Aug 2005 07:05:32 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Arvind Nahata <arvindnahata@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Cc:        Arvind Nahata <arvindnahata@yahoo.com>
Subject:   Re: JRE for FreeBSD 5.4, Monitoring FreeBSD

Greg,

I was looking up the http://www.freebsd.org/java/ page
and it says -

"The current release of the JDK and JRE available via
the FreeBSD Foundation is 1.3.1. These binaries have
been tested and certified to run with FreeBSD
4.8-RELEASE, but may also work on other 4.X releases.
These binaries are not intended for use with FreeBSD
5.X, due to a binary compatibility issue the FreeBSD
Foundation is working with the FreeBSD release
engineering team to resolve."

The above is why I had my doubts about a reliable JRE
for FreeBSD 5.4.

But now that you proposed to use jdk ports 1.4 or 1.5,
I will go ahead and try it out.

Thanks for your response!

Thanks!

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs